COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will the program still take place, despite coronavirus restrictions?
Yes! Charities and non-profits need the help of volunteers now more than ever. It is undeniable that these are challenging times for everyone. The good news is that YOU can still make a difference! Joining our program means participating in an educational and meaningful experience while proactively helping communities face the challenges of the pandemic.
2. Will the volunteer placements still be in person?
Mostly. Part of what makes the National Experience so special is its fully immersive aspect. For this reason, we prefer on-site assignments. However, to adapt to the current reality, part of the work may be done online to address the needs and characteristics of each placement.
3. Am I at risk of contracting the coronavirus by participating? How will you ensure the safety of participants during the National Experience?
Yes, volunteering comes with risks and we do not take this fact lightly. All our partners will follow the best practices of COVID-19 safety procedures, such as providing masks, other protective equipment, and social distancing. We recognize the immeasurable value of our volunteers, and your safety is our top priority. We will do everything we can to make the Katimavik Experience a memorable one.
4. What will a typical placement look like?
Every Katimavik experience is unique! Here is a sneak peek of what your day-to-day might look like:
• Putting together meal packages for people in need.
• Answering COVID-19 response needs (for example, delivering groceries to seniors in lockdown).
• In-community relationship building.