OUR IMPACT CAN BE FELT IN OVER
Katimavik engages with many partners to work together towards a collective impact. In all of our projects, we embrace the principle of forming a ‘web of mutual benefit’, where all partners benefit in a reciprocal manner.
Katimavik’s success over the years is due to our many partners who share the same goals and aspirations for giving youth greater opportunities in life, developing stronger communities, and shaping a brighter future for our country.
We are grateful for the many contributions from our past and present partners and for their continuous dedication to advancing Katimavik’s mission and vision.
OUR PARTNERS INCLUDE:
We would like to thank World University of Canada (WUSC)
for hosting Katimavik in its offices.
COLLABORATE WITH US
Katimavik wishes to consult with and learn from the expertise of other key actors in the fields of volunteering, community service, reconciliation between indigenous and non-Indigenous people and youth services.
We are diversifying our funding in order to respond successfully to new challenges supporting Canadian youth and communities in their development according to their priorities.
By contributing to the Katimavik programs, not only are you helping to build resilient communities and strengthen youth engagement, but also to rebuild relationships between Indigenous and non Indigenous peoples.
- Actively participate in implementing community projects.
- Participate in the development and growth of Canadian communities and improve the quality of life for vulnerable and marginalized populations.
- Cultivate knowledge, skills, attitudes and values that youth need to play an active role in society.
- Gain concrete work experience and competencies that will help them get a job.
Did you know? In Canada, there are 80,000 not-for-profit organizations that rely exclusively on volunteer work. These organizations provide essential services to at-risk populations, particularly the underprivileged, elderly, disabled, women in need, children, immigrants and refugees. By supporting Katimavik, you help these organizations get the volunteers they need!
Katimavik is diversifying its funding and is open to new partnerships. Contact us to learn more about partnership opportunities.
KATIMAVIK AT A GLANCE
Katimavik’s approach is based on the development of long-term, mutually beneficial relationships between participants and local communities. Community organizations can improve, increase and diversify services offered locally through the volunteering done by Katimavik participants. Volunteer work has a significant social value and several benefits for community groups.
Katimavik’s mission is to educate youth through volunteer service. With a shared commitment to Canadian youth, postsecondary institutions are natural partners for our organization. Several partnerships between Canadian Universities and Katimavik resulted in tangible benefits for canadian communities and the quality of life of their citizens.
More than ever, Katimavik needs the support of its alumni, partners and supporters.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET INVOLVED?
- Katimavik had a positive impact on your life and you want other young people to benefit from this experience
- Katimavik volunteers helped your organization to achieve its mission
- You appreciated the extra help and energy Katimavik groups provided in your community
- You think it’s important to give young people the opportunity to become engaged citizens
- You strongly believe in volunteering
HERE ARE SOME WAYS YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
- Organize a fundraiser or make a donation.
- Volunteer for Katimavik. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for our punctual needs or contact us to let us know that you are interested in giving a hand.
- Post your testimonial online.
- Stay connected with Katimavik on Facebook and Twitter
Thank you to everyone who believes in Katimavik’s mission and supports its initiatives!